ZeniMax Online Studios is currently staffing up for a major online game project. Please send your resume and introduction to Jobs@zenimaxonline.com. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
We are seeking a Database Programmer to work on an engineering team responsible for developing and supporting AAA MMO titles and take a hands-on role in building and managing the production database environment. The ideal candidate will combine excellent design and troubleshooting skills.
- Works under general direction from senior management.
- Designs database schema for high-volume databases.
- Writes SQL queries and stored procedures to support the Engineering team.
- Designs, implements, and manages large database installations.
- Ensures the stable and reliable connectivity of all database servers.
- Rapidly troubleshoots service outages using experience and other available resources.
- Effectively communicates technical information to Engineering and Network Operations staff.
- Assists with the evaluation and purchase of database services and/or products.
- Provides monitoring, disaster recovery, and security support.
- Develops, manages, and tests database backup plans.
- Maintains up-to-date detailed documentation.
Desirable Background and Skills:
- Bachelorís Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- More than five years of previous PostgreSQL experience.
- A solid understanding of the PostgreSQL database system; understands replication, caching, and scaling; understands database optimization techniques; understands the SQL and PL/pgSQL languages; can use performance analysis to tune systems.
- Ability to program in an administrative language (Perl, a shell), to port C programs from one platform to another, and to write small C or C# programs.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing proposals or papers, acting as a vendor liaison, making presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and working closely with upper management.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to quickly assess and prioritize.
- Flexible and adaptive; ability to provide structure where appropriate and needed.
- The successful candidate will be solutions oriented and self-motivated.
- Experience with Linux or other UNIX variants.
How to Apply:
- MMO-related database administration experience.
- Extensive programming background in any applicable language.
- Publications within the field of database administration.
- MySQL, Oracle, DB2, or other relational database administration experience.
- Experience with memcached, EnterpriseDB, Slony-l, and/or other significant PostgreSQL addons and tools.
For the positions listed above, send your resume and any requested materials (web links preferred for portfolios/materials) via email. We will not return any materials.
(Include position name in the Subject line)
Please be sure to specify the position for which you are applying.
No Recruiters or Agencies Please
Please Note: Individuals submitting resumes or otherwise responding to employment opportunities at ZeniMax Online Studios are NOT considered applicants until they apply for a particular position and have been invited to complete the company's employment application.