ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Lead Server Engineer for The Elder Scrolls Online to lead server development for a team of engineers. This position will also work closely with game designers to implement and iterate on game features.
- Lead the server engineering team in the design and implementation of server technology
- Define and maintain the overall technological design for all server systems
- Design, architect, and refine backend game systems throughout the development cycle of the project
- Work directly with messaging and database frameworks to provide base level functionality for feature development
- Troubleshoot and respond to server emergencies in the live game
- Work with Technical Producer to prioritize and schedule work for engineers on your team
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Proficient in C++
- Experience with network game client/server architecture
- Experience with SQL
- Strong communication skills
- Solid architecture skills and attention to detail
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Strong debugging skills
- Previous management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- MMO development experience
- Experience in a "Live" environment (ongoing support of a product after launch)
- Experience with Linux development
- Experience working with AMQP platforms
Join a great team and start your massively multiplayer career with us!
ZENIMAX ONLINE STUDIOS is hiring for The Elder Scrolls® Online and future projects. We’re looking for talented, self-motivated people of varied experiences and backgrounds with the desire to make great games. Welcome to ZOS!