Principal Technical Artist
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Principal Technical Artist to join our studio to support our core production pipelines. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers working to advance our core production pipelines. You will work on the shared technology that makes our world-class products possible.
The ideal candidate is a skilled Technical Artist with extensive experience problem solving in the art production domain. You will be working with small, multidisciplinary groups of artists, designers and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows that scale well, and can support multiple projects.
- Develop architecturally sound systems at the core of our Art and Design production pipelines, capable of supporting multiple projects simultaneously.
- Lead by example, assembling solutions and demonstrating solid development practices
- Provide support and training to users while mentoring other members of the Technical Art team
- Work with Art, Design and Engineering to develop technical guidelines so developers can meet established performance requirements
- Document workflows and advocate best practices
- Fluent in one or more programming language (Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- Solid technical background and an ability to design and implement systems
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Experience developing and maintaining systems used in game production
- Solid understanding of contemporary graphics capabilities and processes
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc.
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc.
- MMO or GaaS experience
- Experience with procedural authoring tools such as Houdini or World Machine
- Working with and supporting outsourcing providers
- Familiarity with reality capture methods
- VFX industry experience
- Linear algebra
- Interest in development patterns
- General interest in contemporary CGI techniques