Creating massive, immersive online worlds requires a large team of concept artists, effects artists, animators, riggers, environmental artists, and more. Our games are only ever growing, which means there’s always new universes to create.
We are searching for a proven, enthusiastic, senior-level Unity Technical Artist with a focus on Mobile Games. The ideal candidate is an experienced Technical Artist, having worked on a number of shipped mobile titles. This role covers a broad range of duties necessary to take a game idea from concept to device. Some of these include implementing responsive, animated UI, maintaining a clean and elegant editor architecture, implementing Particle Effects, Shaders, programming tools, and Editor Scripts. You will be working with a small, multidisciplinary groups of artists, designers and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows.
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking an experienced Senior Art Pipeline Engineer. In this position, you will assist in the development of our next gen game pipelines. You’ll be getting in at the ground level of a new project, working with a world class team on cutting edge technologies to support an amazing new IP. From raw, low-level data management and IO to high-level UI systems, physics, animation and graphics, this role is involved in just about every system we use.
The ideal candidate is a skilled Engineer with extensive experience in problem solving and working on data processing challenges in the game industry. You’ll be working within a small, multidisciplinary group of experienced developers as you bring our systems online.
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Senior Technical Artist that will be focused on character systems to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
The ideal candidate is a skilled Technical Artist with extensive experience building systems to support character production. Character customization is an important aspect of this IP and extends into nearly everything the player can do. You will be working with small, multidisciplinary groups of artists, designers and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows, build production tools, and identify performance metrics parameters.
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Senior Technical Artist with a focus in animation to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
The ideal candidate is a skilled Technical Artist with experience in rigging and animation. You will be working with small, multidisciplinary groups of artists, designers and engineers to develop efficient, intuitive workflows, build production tools, and identify performance metrics parameters.
We are seeking a skilled Technical Animator to help further develop our animation pipeline. The focus of this position will be on runtime animation integration and animation handling in the pipeline.
You will work with animators to develop blend graphs that produce smooth, AAA quality animation, seamlessly combining animated motion with various runtime input sources. You’ll help define animation related workflows and systems, and you’ll assist animators in all technical aspects of animation production. Working with multiple disciplines to identify effective solutions, you will serve as a communicator with the goal of ensuring all involved parties have a common understanding of the system and our shared goals.
Preference will be given to candidates who have experience writing animation authoring tools (in Max, Maya, etc.), though this is not the primary area of coverage. If you have experience programming in any form, this is a huge plus. If you have experience with MOCAP that is also beneficial. If you are technical, highly motivated and passionate about animation, please apply for this position. It’s an uncommon opportunity.
Portfolio: Please include links to your work and clearly indicate your contributions. Resumes without work samples will not be considered.
The Video Editor / Multimedia Specialist will work closely with the Marketing development team and creative agencies to produce engaging high definition video for broadcast, mobile, and online media.
• All candidates are required to submit a demo reel via online portfolio showcasing both creative acumen and production proficiency; please include a link to your demo reel in your resume or cover letter
• Demonstrated experience capturing footage from video game consoles, PCs, etc.
• Ability to research and recommend video-related equipment, software, and hardware
• Experience color correcting and conforming video for final distribution including websites, YouTube, Instagram, and broadcast media
• Must be able to work quickly and efficiently, hit short deadlines, possess strong organizational skills and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and effectively within a team
• Be an ambitious self-starter with patience for the creative process
• Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and other Creative Cloud application experience essential or equivalent
• Minimum of three years experience in digital video editing
• Minimum of two years experience editing commercials and trailers
• Using proprietary in-game tools and state-of-the-art video editing software, create compelling game trailer experiences and effective video-based marketing communications
• Develop treatments and storyboards that communicate key selling points of the game through engaging story telling
• Concept and produce motion graphics using AfterEffects or similar animation software
• Set up and operate professional video, audio, and lighting equipment as needed, to produce internal and external videos and live streams
• Optimize video for various outlets including websites, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
• Effectively communicate ideas, roadblocks, and project status to teammates, producers, and stakeholders
• Using video industry best practices, diligently organize and archive video assets
• Bachelor’s degree in video/communication field (preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Tricaster, LiveStream, or OBS experience a plus
• Knowledge of both PC and macOS preferred
ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for an experienced Concept Art Outsourcing Manager to manage an external team of 2D artists. The role involves critiquing and managing work while providing benchmark examples for the external team to follow. He/she will coordinate with the Art Director, internal art leads, producers, and the external team. The ideal candidate is an experienced concept artist with management experience.
As a concept artist your role is to rapidly develop attractive, creative, functional, and descriptive concept design pieces that support the production teams and their creation of game assets. This includes utilizing thumbnail sketches, rough drawings, tight line art, and fully rendered designs with supporting call outs and orthographic views when required. Working on style, concise design work with attention to detail, effective verbal and visual communication, and the ability to work within production guidelines and directives/restrictions is required. Quick and accurate response to Art Director and Lead feedback is critical.
A concept artist should be able to work in many different design areas including props, environments, creatures, and characters. A professional attitude is a must have, especially in relation to task assignments, design challenges, and revisions. Must be willing to work as an active team member, participate professionally in critiques, and be able to cooperatively work with other departments of the development team (Design and Content).
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking an ambitious and creative Asscociate Artist to work within our art team to provide support to the team as needed and create Character assets. Candidates should have a strong understanding of human and animal anatomy, character modeling, and texturing as it applies to game play and should be able to successfully execute those ideas in engine.
*The position may require an art test.
This is the 7th studio I’ve worked at, and it’s my favorite for so many reasons. I am lucky to be surrounded by incredibly talented people, and every day they inspire me and help me achieve my best possible work.
For me, ZOS feels like another family. I have built real lasting friendships with many of my workmates. There’s a strong sense of community here, and I feel lucky to be a part of it.
ZENIMAX ONLINE STUDIOS is hiring for The Elder Scrolls® Online, Commander Keen, and future projects. We’re looking for talented, self-motivated people of varied experiences and backgrounds with the desire to make great games. Welcome to ZOS!