Zenimax Online Studios
The Design team works to build our games' content and rules. The team crafts every system, zone, quest, monster, and character you can experience when exploring our worlds.
Lead Level Designer - Live Content
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Lead Level Designer focused on Live Service to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a new IP.
This role will collaborate with the Lead Content Designer, Design Leads, & Lead Environment Artists to drive live service recurring content creation.
- Driving content that supports and reinforces our retention vectors established by Creative Director and Lead Content Designer, and Lead Content Systems Designer.
- Collaborate with artists to build 3D gameplay spaces that provide a variety of player experiences.
- Facilitate and advocate for tools creation for live service content.
- Collaborate closely with the Lead Level Designer and Principal Quest Designer to build a holistic approach to level development across the project.
- Partner with MTX designers and Product Management to align content with live service plan.
- Leverage and communicate best practices for content creation against a live service model.
- Lead a team of level designers to create level layouts and flows in collaboration with writers, world builders, and artists
- Mentor more junior level designers and serve as a bastion for the discipline within the company
- Support the leadership team in establishing and role modeling positive processes
- Define quality standards for the team through hands on execution and documentation
· 5+ years related experience
· Experience in live service content creation
· Strong team leadership skills
· Deeply creative with broad gameplay design knowledge and expert level design proficiency
· Ability to drive collaboration and consensus across multiple disciplines
· Strong organization, verbal, and written communication skills
· Experience with combat, open world, or mission design in a AAA game
· Comfortable with a development schedule that is playtest-driven and focused on iteration and polish
· Strong methodology and problem-solving ability
· Previous work experience with 3D world and level building tools such as UE4, Unity, etc.
· Scripting experience, either in visual or other form
Senior Combat Designer (ESO)
The Senior Combat designer works with the Combat Lead and the rest of the development team in the creation and maintenance of core combat mechanics, character abilities, and combat itemization. They are responsible for maintaining and improving the health of the combat experience including balance, bug fixing, system improvements, and development of new features.
- Assist the Lead Combat Designer in developing and executing plans to improve and expand the combat experience
- Adhere to guidelines and restrictions for combat gameplay as defined by the Lead Combat Designer and Creative Director
- Take ownership of the development of specific combat features and improvement efforts, from ideation through delivery to players
- Maintain clear and concise documentation for all mechanics, balance, and systems they are responsible for
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the state of combat on the live servers and incorporate that knowledge into development effort
- Mentor other designers on the Combat team to improve their design, technical, and communication skills
- Actively seek internal and external feedback regarding the Combat product, and work with leadership to identify response actions
- Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Maintenance and iteration of combat-centric systems such as character stats, progression, itemization rules, and player onboarding
- Creation and maintenance of character mechanics, abilities, and items with an eye toward game balance
- Proposing and shepherding the development of new gameplay systems
- Minimum 3+ years combat design experience on a shipped or live online multiplayer game
- Deep expertise in action and RPG combat systems, and what makes them satisfying
- Experience designing for both a casual and competitive audience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive within a collaborative environment, and both give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to think logically and break down complex problems, with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Confidence working in an environment where specific processes are in place to maintain live game integrity
- Experience with scripting tools or languages
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Senior Designer - Monetized Features and Products (ESO)
Zenimax Online Studios is looking for a Senior Designer to focus on monetized features and products for The Elder Scrolls Online team. This designer would work with game and feature teams to ensure we create features and products that follow fair and effective monetization practices.
- Author and shepherd designs for new, monetized products and features from concept to delivery
- Use multiple toolsets to implement features that integrate seamlessly with other game systems
- Advise feature teams on best practices to ensure any monetization and business goals are effective and fair to the player
- Work with Product Management to execute on monetization strategies
- Use live game metrics as well as current industry trends and practices to improve existing and future monetization practices
- 5+ years experience developing and maintaining gameplay systems, game features, or monetized stores for a shipped game
- Experience playing MMORPGs and games as a service
- Experience with Microsoft office or similar products
- Experience with game development tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with agile development
- Understanding of monetization practices of several types of games and products and how these practices interact with the game or product as a whole
Lead Content Designer
I love video games and telling stories. I’ve always known I wanted to be a Game Designer, and I always hoped to end up leading a team in a large project in creating new content. Being a part of making a massive multiplayer Elder Scrolls game is a dream come true.
Join a great team and start your massively multiplayer career with us!
ZENIMAX ONLINE STUDIOS is hiring for The Elder Scrolls® Online and future projects. We’re looking for talented, self-motivated people of varied experiences and backgrounds with the desire to make great games. Welcome to ZOS!